I think the answer to this is, Yes! But, as with all networking, you'll likely see better results if you make it a two-way street. And, this site makes it easy to do that.
As you focus on your professional and business development, you may consider Linkedin one good resource to explore, with tools and functionality, for relationship building. Here are 5 main reasons why I think Linkedin can help your development efforts:
- It’s easy to find and invite others to join your network - get back in touch, and reach out to new contacts. And, if you are concerned about the privacy of your network, you can keep contacts hidden.
- Referral functions help you explore new career and business connections faster.
- Question/answer features can facilitate your knowledge and network build faster.
- Changes in your network can be viewed daily, so you can stay up-to-date easily (if that feature is enabled by those in your network)
- You can move your information out to others quickly, with forwarding, pdf, and messaging capabilities. Or, others can find you as a professional match with key word searches, and communicate quickly as well ....